Guess I should forgive myself for being a bad blogger. You see I was frustrated about blogging. I had little time, little patience and although I love to write and the actual act of blogging. I kind of felt silly writing to no one and thinking no one was reading it anyway.
But here’s for my sanity: to write. And what I always preach to my writers in my writers group: keep writing. So here I go with my updates.
- I finally published my book on authorhouse.com. I know I know you were hoping for something more? I have been working on and talking about this book for years now. So perhaps you thought there’d be something else?
- There is. I have also published 2 more articles. Yay for the unpaid writer who is making a little teeny tiny name for herself in our local paper here.
- I hired a publicist. Yes, I finally cracked the wedding fund. Ever the practical girl (or at least I’d like to think I am), I got Mom to concede. And there goes the CD…
- I now have 30 radio interviews lined up for May and more on the way for June. Thanks to the very talented Donna.
- I have been on the board of the MHA of Monmouth County for a year now. I haven’t been much of a contributor thus far (money or energy) but my days will come when I can do both. Right now I am attending meetings and figuring out where I can make a difference. For now, though, I am not able to give them what I want.
- I got a cat. (Why include this in the list? Why not…. it’s an update right?)
- The Red Bank Writers Group is still going for 2 years now. This past year we’ve slowed down thanks to my being less present. My attendance at all things social has slipped dramatically but am hoping to practice balance as a verb not wish on it like it’s a resort destination.
- I’m still living in the same apartment. Oh yes, I’d love to move somewhere else. But *sighs* writing is only lucrative for a small percentage of the population.
- I’m still waitressing (see #8) although I am on hiatus during my radio tour. My family thinks I have lost my mind. NOT earn income? Surely, I must be off the beam. No, I am promoting. (Non-writers do not understand this.)
- I am quitting smoking (yes, again.) I did it for 3 years, I can do it again. My lungs are begging me.
- I am still engaged. No wedding plans yet. We are waiting on the book stuff to die down.
- Have not started next book. Hoping to do so in fall or winter. Most likely winter when I cocoon myself in the cold Jersey winters here at the shore.
Okay that’s about it for now. I will keep you up to date. I promise cyber space. I do like to write to you. I do. I just forget about you.