Thank you, Kitt!
Kitt has so kindly nominated me for this inspirational blogger award and I’m left to wonder what i did to deserve it!
I am honored. The Very Inspiring Blogger Award is new to me and Kitt has an awesome blog herself. Go check it out, Kitt O’Malley’s Living with Bipolar Disorder: Loved by God: http://kittomalley.com/.
I love crossing paths with her on a fellow friend’s blog: Dyane’s Birth of a New Brain. http://proudlybipolar.wordpress.com/ Admittedly, I don’t get to follow many due to time constraints.
After reading Kitt’s 7 facts, I realize we have things in common. We both had our breakdowns at age 30. (I was 33, but close enough!) Also we never went back to that line of work we were doing at the time. And that’s more than fine, it’s quite common actually. I believe we never lose those skills.
So we have more in common than blogging and reading and commenting AND having this nasty illness.
Again, thank you.I am thrilled and very, very honored.
But here’s the embarassing part. When I saw the rules below I thought, uh-oh. I don’t know 15 bloggers to nominate that weren’t already! I’m screwed! Only one person comes to mind who isn’t on this list and I can’t find her. Grr…
The rules in accepting this award are:
*Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
*List these rules and display the award.
*Share seven facts about yourself.
*Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
*Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you. (why not?)
1. I live in NJ though I have “fled” several times; namely to VA for college, London for one semester and MD for a position that led me to travel around the country. (I assure you, business travel is a lot less glamorous than it sounds.)
2. I have 2 cats: Leo and Rita. Rita was given to us with that name. The woman fostering her liked the show Dexter.
3. Rita was found in a dumpster in Spanish Harlem and I got her from a girl I waitressed with in NJ. (Long story: her sister lives in Brooklyn and works for the rescue that found them.) Sometimes I call her senorita. haha. Leo was also a stray and he thinks he’s the mayor in town. Before we moved, he crawled into bed with our old maintence man (who had cats and liked him). Just waltzed right in like it was his home. Now, we shudder thinking ‘when will he discover cat doors’ and where in this town will he go? Hopefully to my parents’ house, if anywhere!
4. no more cat facts…I promise. I found my desk by the side of the road. Times are hard as a struggling writer, no room in the budget for Pottery Barn! i had thrown out my old, particle board one and longed for real wood. I think the water stains are easily 4 decades old. Even after sanding, restaining and 2 coats of poly, there they are; some hard working fool like me whose drink stains I stare at. Only I am adding to them too so it doesn’t really matter now does it? And it’s the oddest shape. it’s a corner desk, but then busts out with this odd, part triangle, part squared corner making one arm happy while typing and the other jealous. It’s awkward.
5. My favorite color is pink but there’s no evidence of it in the house. It’s not like you walk in to my place and you see a Peptol Bismol explosion and can figure it out. But, if you open my drawer and see my polos, you’ll notice they dominate my color scheme. And black, I just can’t shake that color!
6. My partner is a woman. Some people can’t handle it and I no longer care. She’s my best friend and the only person I have ever loved. We’ll get married one of these days.
7. I love being alive and can’t believe all that i would’ve missed had I killed myself when I wanted to in 2003 & 2004. Namely: self-publishing my memoir, publishing my 2nd book, falling in love (of course), 2 hurricaines & 3 moves in 3 years but moving into a cute house 2 blocks from my parents.
How could I have missed that? Can you image? I would’ve missed teh best years of my life! Life truly started over.
And those are my 7 facts. Nice and concise, eh? Well, I’m a writer. What can I say? Long-winded should’ve made this list for sure!
Okie dokie, back to work. Thanks again. You rock Kitt!